When it comes to waste management, choosing the best warehouse trash receptacle is crucial. Two popular options on the market are the RackSack and the traditional injection-molded resin trash cans. Both options have their pros and cons, so let’s compare them to help you make an informed decision.
Is the RackSack the Best Warehouse Trash Receptacle?
RackSacks are a newer type of trash receptacle that attach directly to a pallet rack. They are designed to save floor space and make waste management more efficient. RackSacks are typically made of heavy-duty plastic, which makes them durable and long-lasting. They come in various sizes, making them suitable for different types of waste and different industries.
- Less expensive: RackSacks are less than half the cost of traditional injection-molded resin trash cans. Therefore, you can afford to place twice as many RackSacks around the warehouse.
- Space-saving design: RackSacks attach to the pallet rack, saving floor space and allowing for more storage.
- Easy installation: They can be installed in minutes without any additional hardware or tools.
- Durable: RackSacks are made of heavy-duty plastic that can withstand wear and tear and resist punctures.
- Customizable: RackSacks come in different sizes and can be customized with different waste symbols, logos, and colors.
- Light weight: RackSacks are lightweight and can easily be emptied by employees of weaker physical strength, such as older warehouse cleaners of small-stature females.
- Lower capacity: RackSacks are designed to hold smaller quantities of trash compared to the largest traditional warehouse trash can.
Is the Traditional Injection-molded Resin Trash Can the Best Warehouse Trash Receptacle?
Traditional injection-molded resin trash cans are a classic option for waste management. They are made of injection molded plastic resin and come in different shapes and sizes. Traditional trash cans are suitable for different industries and can be used indoors or outdoors.
- Large capacity: traditional injection-molded resin trash cans come in various sizes and can hold large volumes of waste.
- Durable: They are made of high-quality plastic or metal, making them sturdy and long-lasting.
- Customizable: traditional injection-molded resin trash cans can be customized with company logos or colors. For example, Home Depot has hundreds of orange trash cans placed all around their warehouses, reflecting their company color.
- Accessibility: They are designed for easy access and can be made in various sizes allowing for accessibility by employees of different heights.
- Floor space: traditional injection-molded resin trash cans take up floor space, which may be a disadvantage for smaller warehouses or facilities.
- Damage: They often can get hit by forklifts and material handling equipment, which will damage them and create sharp corners.
- Heavy: 55-gallon trash can weigh approximately 20-25 pounds when it is empty. That can add a lot for someone of smaller or weaker physical stature to lift and empty when filled with trash.
- Expensive: traditional injection-molded resin trash cans be expensive, requiring an investment of up to $120 + freight each.
Conclusion – The Best Trash Receptacle
Both RackSacks and traditional injection-molded resin trash cans have their pros and cons. RackSacks are ideal for space-saving and efficient waste management, while traditional injection-moulded resin trash cans are suitable for larger volumes and easy accessibility. Ultimately, the decision depends on the specific needs of your warehouse or facility to determine which is the best trash receptacle for your operation. Consider factors such as budget, size, waste volume, accessibility, and maintenance before making your choice.